Patty and Ronnie’s Engagement Session at the Pearl District in San Antonio

6:00 PM

Pearl District engagement jen z photography


Patty and Ronnie’s Engagement Shoot at the Pearl District


 In my line of work, I often meet couples who are either too shy or uncomfortable to book an engagement session or get nervous as soon as they have to stand in front of the camera. As a photographer, I owe it to myself and these couples to make them feel comfortable and confident in front of the camera. In the end, it’s their love and connection that really matters for these photographs. 

Patty and Ronnie were also quite nervous when they showed up on the day of their engagement session. But the bride and groom-to-be quickly relaxed as I guided them through the session and also showed them an image or two along the way. This way, they got to see how lovely they looked in the photographs just by being their authentic selves. For me, engagement sessions are all about documenting the bond between the two people who are about to start a new journey together, so it’s best to let them be themselves and capture the real moments.

Patty and Ronnie’s Engagement Session 


 Referrals are very much alive and thriving in the wedding photography industry, and it was through a referral from Patty’s mom’s co-worker, who is a friend, I got to take the couple’s engagement photos. While the engagement session happened at the Pearl District in San Antonio, the couple will be getting married in a destination wedding in Cabo San Lucas in 2022. Now that I know Patty and Ronnie and how much they like to have fun, I am 100% sure that their wedding is going to be a blast! And I am keeping my fingers crossed for being chosen as their wedding photographer too!

I find that it always helps to make a connection with who you are photographing - whether it’s a couple or a family. It helps everyone to relax and get to know each other a little bit. Plus, it helps to keep things light during the session. Patty, Ronnie, and I had great chemistry! We were just joking and being silly throughout, which also gave way to some great candids. And it’s the best when the couple can make each other laugh. For me, that’s when the real magic happens, and I feel so proud to be able to record that in photos. 

From the first to the last image in their session, I could see how the couple was able to relax along the process. Patty and Ronnie were unsure of it all when they showed up, but as we continued to take photos, their nerves calmed down, and they just continued to focus on each other instead of how they would look in the pictures. In the middle, the couple even got a little adventurous, walking out across a narrow path with water on both sides! It’s always great to see couples leave their comfort zone. The Pearl District, which is scattered with restaurants and has so many stunning spots for photography, was also a great location for this session. 

San Diego Wedding Photography


Patty and Ronnie, I can’t wait to see you two as bride and groom! I know it can get a little awkward, but I am so thankful that you both welcomed me into the oh-so personal bubble of your love. Thank you for letting me be your engagement photographer and tell your story to the world. I thrive by photographing all the little moments my models share, and it was a total joy to see the love you two share! If you are looking for a wedding photographer in and around the San Diego area, you can get in touch with me by dropping me an email. If you want to see more of my work, you can check out my Instagram and Facebook. I also do portraits, high fashion, boudoir, newborn photography.

Pearl District engagement jen z photography

Pearl District engagement jen z photography

Pearl District engagement jen z photography

Pearl District engagement jen z photography

Pearl District engagement jen z photography

Pearl District engagement jen z photography

Pearl District engagement jen z photography

Pearl District engagement jen z photography



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

Engagement Session at WRAL Gardens, Raleigh : Carmel and Meschak

 

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *