Paramount Event Venue Wedding | Raleigh NC Wedding Photographer-Au’Shonna & Carlos

8:24 AM

Au’Shonna and Carlos celebrated their wedding on September 6, 2025 at Paramount Event Venue in Morrisville, North Carolina, and this one was full of everything I love photographing: beautiful portraits, bold color, family, personality, and a reception where absolutely nobody was afraid of the dance floor.

Located just outside Raleigh and convenient to Cary, Durham and RDU, Paramount Event Venue offers couples several spaces for their wedding day, along with both indoor and outdoor options. The venue can accommodate celebrations of up to 240 guests in its largest ballroom, making it a great option for couples looking for a Raleigh-area wedding venue that can handle both the ceremony and a full reception in one location.

And photographically? There was a LOT to work with.



Getting Ready at Paramount Event Venue

Au’Shonna looked incredible.

Before the ceremony, I photographed her inside the venue using those gorgeous oversized windows to create both the dramatic silhouette of her gown and the bright, close-up bridal portraits that show off her expression.

Her fitted lace wedding gown had so much texture, which photographed beautifully from every angle. But more than anything, these photographs feel like her. The huge smile, the confidence and the excitement are exactly the things I want my couples to remember when they look through their wedding photographs years from now.

That balance is always important to me as a Raleigh wedding photographer: I want the beautiful portrait, but I also want the person in it to still feel completely recognizable.








An Outdoor Ceremony at Paramount Event Venue

The couple held their ceremony outdoors beneath a white arbor decorated with soft draping and warm-toned florals.

One advantage of having the ceremony and reception at the same wedding venue is how naturally the day can move from one part of the celebration to another. Paramount offers separate ceremony, cocktail-hour and reception spaces, along with landscaped grounds for photographs.

After the ceremony, we were able to stay right on the property for wedding-party and family portraits.

These are some of the photographs that become increasingly important over time.

Of course, I love the artistic portraits and candid moments, but I also believe strongly in photographing the people who showed up to celebrate with you. Parents, siblings, grandparents, friends and children are part of the story of the wedding day too.

That comprehensive approach — a little documentary photography mixed with intentional traditional portraiture — is a huge part of how I photograph weddings.















A Beautiful Paramount Event Venue Reception

Inside, the reception space was completely transformed.

Emerald green and gold linens continued the wedding palette while the dark wood floors, chandeliers, ceiling draping and twinkle lights created an elegant backdrop.

The ballroom at Paramount includes white ceiling and stage draping, twinkle lighting, a chandelier, accent lighting and AV capabilities, so couples can dramatically change the feeling of the room from dinner to dancing without changing venues.

The reception design felt polished during dinner...

…and then the lights went down.

That is when things got FUN.

If you're searching for wedding inspiration because you want your reception to feel like an actual party, Au’Shonna and Carlos understood the assignment.

The formalities eventually gave way to a packed dance floor, glow sticks, drinks, phones in the air, huge expressions and the kind of completely unfiltered moments that make reception photography so much fun.

DJ Showout 919 kept the dance floor moving, and by the end of the evening almost everyone seemed to be out there.

These photographs are exactly why I don't disappear once dinner is over.

The quiet moments matter.

The portraits matter.

The family photographs matter.

And the photograph of your uncle absolutely losing his mind on the dance floor matters too. 😂

A complete wedding gallery should tell the whole story.

Planning a Paramount Event Venue Wedding?

For couples considering Paramount Event Venue for a Raleigh-area wedding, it offers something especially useful: the ability to keep so much of the wedding day in one location.

The venue is located in Morrisville, approximately 20 minutes from downtown Raleigh, downtown Durham and Chapel Hill, and it's also close to RDU International Airport — particularly helpful when you have guests traveling into North Carolina for the wedding.

Having getting-ready spaces, ceremony locations, reception space and portrait locations together also means less time spent transporting a wedding party from place to place and more time actually enjoying the day.

As a photographer, that is something I always appreciate.

Looking for a Raleigh NC Wedding Photographer?

I'm Jen Z of Jen Z Photography, a Jacksonville, NC wedding photographer serving Raleigh, Wilmington and weddings throughout North Carolina and beyond.

After photographing hundreds of weddings over more than 20 years, my approach is a mixture of photo-documentary storytelling and intentional traditional portraiture. I want to tell the complete story of the people, relationships, details and ridiculous dance-floor moments that made your wedding yours.

If you're planning a Paramount Event Venue wedding, Raleigh wedding, Durham wedding, Cary wedding or destination wedding, I'd love to hear what you're planning!


Venue: @paramounteventvenue

Catering: @daddydsbbqnc

Photography: @jenzphotography

DJ: @djshowout919


I used AI to help optimize for SEO and to help it all make sense! <3


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

Engagement Session at WRAL Gardens, Raleigh : Carmel and Meschak

 

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *